As the Historic Counties have been used for centuries to describe where a place is located, they are ideal for using in addresses, projects, and when you tell people where you are from.
The Association of British Counties not only provides an argument for you to use the Historic Counties. A selection of useful resources are available to help you use the Historic Counties and find out more about them.
- Gazetteer of British Place Names – a searchable index of places, detailing not only the Historic County, but also local government information. Search by name or have a look at our interactive map…
- Historic Counties Postal Directory – a useful directory which allows you to match a postal town to a historic county.
- County-Wise articles for Individuals – More ways to use the Historic Counties and why they may be useful for your next project.
- Historic Counties Blogs – official blogs and microsites of the Association of British Counties. They allow us to further enrich the information available on a range of subjects about and relating to the Historic Counties.
- ABC Flag Blog – a blog about county flags. Find not only the established flags, but also the latest information on flag proposals as well as commentary.