County-Wise exists to assist and enable organisations, the media and public to use the historic counties as a standard geography for the United Kingdom. It provides the tools and advice you need to make use of the historic counties in your personal, social or working life.
Managing an address database? Building a directory of historic buildings? Studying your family history? Want to know why you should use the historic counties and how to do this? County-wise aims to provide the answers.
Looking for more information about the counties themselves? Visit the counties section of County-Wise, where you will find a map, county profiles and more.
Discover the Historic Counties
About the Historic Counties
Solutions for Businesses and Organisations
- Postal Data for your address look-ups and applications…
- More case studies for businesses and organisations…
- Incorporating the historic counties into web maps and GIS
- Incorporating the historic counties into on-line directories and listings
- Fundraising with the historic counties
- Using the historic counties in guidebooks and publications
- Making use of the historic counties within the tourism and heritage industries
- Producing and selling historic county merchandise
- Marking the historic counties on highways, footpaths and bridleways
Solutions for Education and Research
- Resources for researchers and academics
- A guide to the historic counties for family and local historians
- A guide to the historic counties for archiving and record management